PTO has created four diverse Core Fundraisers to best suit your family. We are able to keep our fundraisers to a minimum of four only with your continued support. We ask that you would financially support one or more of these programs so that we can continue to provide your children with the unique programs that Sandburg provides.
- Commitment Campaign (September 6 – 24, 2012) – This is a pledge/donation drive. If every family were able to give $25.00 per month or $300 total, we would exceed our Fundraising goal of $95,000 this year! Every donation in any amount helps.
- Scholastic Book Fair (November 12 – 15, 2012) – This is a fun and inexpensive way to purchase books for your children, friends, neighbors, and/or gifts.
- Auction (February 23, 2013) – A fun evening out where you can purchase a variety of items including the popular teacher raffle while raising money for your child’s educational benefit.
- Checkbooks (April 1 – 12th) – This coupon book contains over $300.00 in value for local merchants.
With your continued generosity, your child directly benefits as an individualized learner from:
The Supplemental Support:
- Collaborative teaching models for literacy, technology and science
- Para-professionals who provide smaller group and individualized instruction in reading, writing and math
- Lower student to Teacher ratios
- “Special” programs such as Art, Music, Physical Education
The Sandburg Center for the Sciences:
- Inquiry- based learning
- Natural sciences fieldwork
- Hands-on projects
The Technology your child receives is:
- Net books
- Document cameras
- Digital microscopes and cameras
- State of the art sound systems
The Community Events include:
- Fall Family Picnic
- Heart Run
- Jungle Ropes
- Music Performances
- Spring Arts Shows
- Field Day
The Library provides:
- One of the few teaching Libraries in Littleton Public School District
- Rich classroom extension
- Integrated units of study
- Information literacy
- Reading and writing strategies for non-fiction work